On Tuesday 21 April 2009 14.37.55 Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:56:22PM +0200, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using this ThinkPad T60, and just realized that if using an earphone,
> > the console's audible bell is blowing my ears off. I couldn't find
> > anything relevant in mixerctl -a output, nevertheless I've changed every
> > outputs control's volume to 0 to see which one could be it (no luck). Is
> > it possible to lower the system beep's volume, so my ears won't bleed by
> > tomorrow? :)
>
> hopefully this gets you 'beep' controls.  please let me know.
>
> beep generators should be considered i/o endpoints, like pins and
> converters.

I've applied your diff, and now I have a sel2 control which claims that its
source is 'beep'. However, I can not do anything with it; when muted and zero
volume the beep still happens:

inputs.sel2_source=beep
outputs.sel2_mute=on
outputs.sel2=0
inputs.mix2_source=sel2,dac,sel4,sel6,cd

$ mixerctl -a
outputs.dig-dac_source=
outputs.line_source=dac
outputs.line_mute=off
outputs.line=124,124
inputs.line=0,0
outputs.line_dir=output
outputs.line_boost=off
outputs.line_eapd=on
inputs.mic=0,0
outputs.mic_dir=input-vr80
outputs.SPDIF_source=dig-dac
inputs.sel_source=dac
inputs.mix_source=sel8
inputs.sel2_source=beep
outputs.sel2_mute=on
outputs.sel2=0
inputs.mix2_source=sel2,dac,sel4,sel6,cd
inputs.dac_mute=off
inputs.dac=120,120
inputs.sel4_source=mic
outputs.sel4_mute=off