*>> **Toma:** **It depends where you use OpenBSD ( desktop or server )*
*Actually the system is a Desktop on my laptop, but I am highly dependent on
it for my programming's work.*

*>> michael & Neal :  You should try and search the archives for that, it is
answered*
*>> thorougly a couple of times.*
*Actually I read all of FAQs (and searched the archives) about this and I
know what's the recommended approach is but that's so time consuming and I
was looking for a shortcut to that!*

*>> michael: Recommends: exercise, eat healthy, reboot once in a while, and
upgrade*
*>> regularly:)*
*I agree with all of that except upgrading regularly! I only upgrade or
patch If there is security patch or highly needed feature, that's all about
OpenBSD's approach to life IMHO! :)*

*>> **Jan:** **Which new features are these and why do you need -current for
that?*
*Actually I am pretty happy with 4.2 but every now and then I have some
problems because of being out of date (e.g daylight saving time). About new
features I specially like ifconfig access point scanning capabilities which
is quiet important for me & having access to latest ports collection because
some ports I need is not available on 4.2.*

>> Lammert  : A far better approach would be to backup the current machine,
do a fresh
>> install of 4.5 [from the CDs you pre-ordered], and then restore any
needed
>> files. Moving from 4.5 to -current should be much simpler
*But then I have to install OpenOffice, eclipse, netbeans, firefox and all
other ports from scratch right?*

*>> **LEVAI : **Upgrading thru the binary releases is not that tedious*
*I hope that's the case because my guess is I have to go along with the
upgrade guidance and upgrade 4.2 > 4.3 > 4.4 and finally 4.5.*

*thanks for help guys.*