On 2009-04-24, David Walker <davidianwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Konnichiwa.
>
> That is too easy.
> Took me all of two minutes to bridge my modem - "RFC2684 BRIDGING"
> instead of "PPPoE BRIDGING" - and do the /etc file changes.
> Happy as Larry (possibly happier) using pppoe(4).
>
> All I need to work out is hostname.pppoe0 INET6 wildcards. Especially
> what to export as the route.
> Any pointers on that eligible for smilies. :]
>
> Still I have a static IP, I'm sure I can plug that in.
>
> Best wishes.

I just added the address assigned to me into hostname.pppoe0:

inet6 2001:4b10:1002:ff::1 64
!/sbin/route add -inet6 default 2001:4b10:1002:ff::1

I think you're "supposed" to do rtsol, but we don't support that on a
device configured as a router. There is afaik no IPv6 address discovery
mechanism done by PPP.

You might have some "fun" with fragmentation, scrub max-mss is your
friend. Sometimes.