try ifconfig ral0 down; ifconfig ral0 up.

that's a different thing and I suspect is a problem either in the driver
or net80211. I have seen this on ral occasionally and have now seen something
similar or the same on an acx which used to be stable; the only change at
all with the acx was moving it to an environment with more other wireless
devices around.

unfortunately the places where I can actually get any diagnostic output
are not places where this problem occurs...