On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:04:01 +0200
Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 08:43:16PM +0200, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
> > Bring the Bluetooth interface up and verify that you're able
> > to detect your phone:
> >
> >    $ sudo btconfig ubt0 up

This probably require a few more parameters that I forgot about:

  $ sudo btconfig ubt0 up switch auth encrypt class 0x02010c

Not sure I need all of them yet, but this at least worked for me
(0x02010c is a "laptop computer", 0x20104 is a desktop).

> >    $ sudo echo "00:1d:e9:e5:ad:01 phone" >> /etc/bluetooth/hosts
>
> I don't think you tested the above command. Hint: the redirect is not
> done as root.

Quite right, sorry about that.  Just to make the archives happy:

  # echo "00:1d:e9:e5:ad:01 phone" >> /etc/bluetooth/hosts

> > I've no idea what the name servers are supposed to be, so I
> > just started a local one and pointed /etc/resolv.conf at it;
>
> not very nice, better find out what the actual nameservers are. I
> believe ppp has some way to tell the client, see the ppp man page.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but can someone
enlighten me as to why running a local (recursive) name server
is "not very nice"?