On 2009/06/02 21:23, Cem Kayali wrote:
> Stuart Henderson, 06/02/09 20:00:

>>> I have similar problems with a 'rum' USB stick in AP mode using WPA.
>>>
>>> See the man page for specific know issues with using this chipset in
>>> Host AP mode.
>>>
>>> Can anybody suggest a readily available USB2 Wireless-G adapter which
>>> works well as an AP?
>>>

>> USB wireless adapters do not work well as APs.
>>
>> The only ones where we support this at all are ural and rum, and
>> though they can be useful in a sticky situation where it's all you
>> have available, they don't make good access points.
>
> I have a rum0 based cnet pro usb dongle, and it even supports wpa/psk.

Sure it works, but not *well*.

rum

CAVEATS
     The rum driver supports automatic control of the transmit speed in BSS
     mode only.  Therefore the use of a rum adapter in Host AP mode is dis-
     couraged.

ural

CAVEATS
     The ural driver supports automatic control of the transmit speed in BSS
     mode only.  Therefore the use of an ural adapter in Host AP mode is dis-
     couraged.

everything else USB, no hostap.