On Friday 05 June 2009 11:29:00 Pawlowski Marcin Piotr wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a little bit curious about why there is place in bin for tmux(1)
> and there is no place for wake(8). In my opinion it's a little bit
> unfair. Could someone explain it?
>
> Information about why wake(8) was removed:
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/wake/Attic/Makefile?hide
>attic=0;only_with_tag=HEAD
>
> Cheers!

Gotta love it, fan clubs for commands!  The proper solution there is to put
it back into /usr/src/usr.sbin, link it up, and you'll have it once again.
This IS open source, isn't it--if you want to make/keep different commands,
you can.  You are on your own, but wake(1) is hardly a monster.

So while I'd like to see it in the official distribution, the option is there
to keep it in *your* distribution.

--STeve Andre'