Hi Stuart,

Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2009/06/11 21:26, Renaud Allard wrote:
>> Stuart Henderson wrote:
>>> watch "systat vmstat" then ping -f it from another machine.
>>> what irq is triggering? is it associated with the et(4)?
>>> is it the same for both et?
>> It seems that sometimes a packet goes through the interface, but many
>> seconds (40+) after it has been sent.
>> It's the same for both interfaces.
>
> watch "systat vmstat" then ping -f it from another machine.
> what irq is triggering? is it associated with the et(4)?
> or is it a different one?

I tried watching "systat vmstat" during a ping -f and it showed nothing
about et interfaces. So I forced the arp address on the other PC to be
sure packets would be sent to the good mac (since arp replies did not
even come). This resulted in the exact same behaviour, nothing in
systat. Packets seems to go to the interface tough as the network light
on et interfaces did light on continuously during my ping -f (and 1 each
second during a normal ping).

Best Regards