On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Philip Guenther<guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM, patrick keshishian<pkesh...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Philip Guenther<guent...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Well, you elided useful data by only including part of the netstat
>>> output, you obfuscated it to make it harder to read, you failed to
>>> even mention what version of OpenBSD you're running, *and* you
>>> actually have a solution to your problem. B Why should anyone bother to
>>> answer?
>>
>> ouch... but thanks for taking the time to reply.
>>
>> well, you have some good points there, but if you read carefully, my
>> post wasn't of the "Hey everyone please help me!" flavour. It was of
>> the form "I notice this on openbsd and this on this other platform, I
>> wonder which is the expected behavior?"
>
> Sure, but how should someone decide that the behavior is expected when
> you leave out chunks of the information that describes your setup? B Do
> I need to have a multipath + ppp setup to be able to help?
>

>> This was noticed on periodically-updated openbsd macppc-snapshots
>> since pre 4.4 release until one from 2 months ago, which I'm currently
>> running.
>
> So you're now running some undisclosed version of 4.5-current?

Not sure where you get the "undisclosed version" from. I pointed out
that I've been using various snapshots over the stated time-line. I
didn't keep meticulous notes on what exact snapshot I used starting at
what date and for how long. Frankly I don't think there are many
people that keep such accounting records.

> Wait, does that "until one from 2 months ago" mean that the behavior
> changed when you most recently updated the snapshot you're running?!?

No. That is why I specifically said "which I'm currently running" to
indicate that I am still, currently running the snapshot from two
months ago.

>> e.g., I can start a ping going for the particular host on the remote
>> network, next establish the route and the pings continue out on the
>> physical interface. If I start a new ping, those packets, now, go
>> through the ppp0 interface. As verified with tcpdump.
>>
>> So, it seems, based on my observations, routes are "sticky" with
>> respect to sockets; even non-TCP sockets, which seems bit odd. Do you
>> not agree?
>
> Still asking for people to state expectations on zero data. B My
> crystal ball says that that netstat info would have been interesting,
> but since you apparently only are interested in responses from people
> that happen to have multipath setups and use ppp, I guess I can't help
> you.

Thanks for your input,
--patrick