Hi Nick.

> Nick Osborn escribiC3:

>>> I have the same. Google shows some others have as well.

>>> Run openbsd on real hardware :)

>> and/or ask the linux people to fix KVM to make it really a PC.

> All good advice, but in the meantime a kernel without acpimadt,
> ioapic, and mpbios drivers will do the job. It appears they must be
> completely removed rather than just disabled.
>
> Minimalist "works for me" config:
>
> machine i386
> option ACCOUNTING
> option KTRACE
> option CD9660
> option FFS
> option MFS
> option FFS_SOFTUPDATES
> option FIFO
> option QUOTA
> option UFS_DIRHASH
> option CRYPTO
> option PCIVERBOSE
> option UVM_SWAP_ENCRYPT
> option ALTQ
> option INET
> option INET6
> option IPSEC
> option TCP_SACK
> option APM_NOPRINT
> option SCSITERSE
> option SVSVMSG
> option SYSVSEM
> option SYSVSHM
> maxusers 40
> config bsd root on wd0a swap on wd0b
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0
> pcibios0 at bios0 flags 0x0000
> acpi0 at bios?
> acpitimer* at acpi?
> acpiprt* at acpi?
> acpicpu* at acpi?
> acpiec* at acpi?
> cpu0 at mainbus?
> pci* at mainbus0
> pchb* at pci?
> pcib* at pci?
> pciide* at pci? flags 0x0000
> wd* at pciide? flags 0x0000
> atapiscsi* at pciide?
> scsibus* at atapiscsi?
> cd* at scsibus?
> piixpm* at pci?
> iic* at piixpm?
> vga* at pci?
> wsdisplay* at vga?
> em* at pci?
> isa0 at pcib?
> isadma0 at isa?
> com0 at isa? disable port 0x3f8 irq 4
> pckbc0 at isa?
> pckbd* at pckbc?
> wskbd* at pckbd? mux 0
> npx0 at isa? port 0xf0 irq 13
> fdc0 at isa? disable port 0x3f0 irq 6 drq 2
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus* at softraid?
> sd* at scsibus?
> pseudo-device carp
> pseudo-device gif
> pseudo-device pf
> pseudo-device pflog
> pseudo-device pflow
> pseudo-device pfsync
> pseudo-device tun
> pseudo-device bio 1
> pseudo-device bpfilter 1
> pseudo-device enc 1
> [...]

I was trying this configuration to test when booting if this kernel
solve my problem [1] using OpenBSD 4.5 with KVM-88, but I get a panic:

npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: reported by CPUID; using exception 16
biomask fdfd netmask fdfd ttymask ffff
uvm_fault(0xd03de740, 0x0, 0, 3) -> e
fatal page fault (6) in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 2 eip d027fbdf cs 8 eflags 10046 cr2 0 cpl 0
panic: trap type 6, code=2, pc=d027fbdf
syncing disks... done

This problem can be due to APM? [2]

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/160658
[2] http://www.cromwell-intl.com/unix/openbsd-dell.html#booting
iEYEARECAAYFAkppEp4ACgkQZpa/GxTmHTeASACfVwa2s8vXfzvb/tIb4kqztwME
kD4An03VRg7X3birf4DsOMwVe2l2+kp/
=LIw7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----