PJ, you wrote (in part) "I already posted wherefrom - openBSD ftp
site; the burning was done exaactly the same as for the FreeBSD and
many other files without ever having any problems... and I mean, EVER
!"

If burning files or images worked before, why should we think it
was/is an hardware or bios problem?