Pau wrote:
> The installation went fine.
>
> Then I rebooted and:
>
> www.aei.mpg.de/~pau/openbsd46.jpg  (I couldn't get a better picture)

bah. you were too lazy to type five very short lines of text?

To save anyone else from clicking on the picture: it stops while

> ... it freezes. It stays like that and nothing else happens
>
> It must be acpi,

no.

> but I cannot set it off, because I am not prompted with boot>

Not only has the kernel not loaded yet, the boot loader
hasn't loaded yet.  ACPI doesn't enter the picture until the
kernel is loaded.

> And I cannot switch it off in the bios.
>
> I say it must be ACPI because when I press the key that it's supposed
> to suspend the laptop, it switches off the screen. When I press the
> power key, it "resumes" to the screen you can see in the picture.

Your logic escapes me here.  Before the OS has loaded, when the BIOS
is in complete control still. the suspend key suspends the system.
All is as it should be.

/boot failed to load.  Why?  I don't know.  Bad disk?  funny
disk layout?  bad RAM/system?  Corrupted file system?

Boot your CD or floppy, at the boot> prompt, enter "boot hd0a:/bsd",
that will probably work (depends on how hosed your 'a' partition is).
If it does, copy over a new copy of /boot and reinstall the boot
loader (faq14).

I don't see anything that changed in /boot since 4.5, so I don't think
you have a version issue, something went wrong in the install of /boot
on your 4.6-cur install.

This isn't to say that you DON'T also have an acpi issue, but you
have to get the kernel loaded before we worry about that.

Nick.