Hi,

I'm using OpenBSD 4.5-stable, and I'm trying to configure RADIUS authentication. What I want is for the system to try the RADIUS server, and if it fails, fall back to the local password file. In login.conf I have

auth-defaults:auth=radius,passwd:radius-server=my.radius.server

If the RADIUS server isn't there for whatever reason, the system doesn't fallback to password file authentication. The same happens if I specify the methods the other way round: the RADIUS server is never tried even if the password-file-based login fails.

I need to make sure that I can always log in even if the RADIUS server has gone away. Is it possible to configure the system in this way?

Thanks
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Gorilla | E: ian.ch...@sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service   | T:  80587 / (01865) 280587