> Hi,
>
> I'm using OpenBSD 4.5-stable, and I'm trying to configure RADIUS
> authentication.  What I want is for the system to try the
> RADIUS server,
> and if it fails, fall back to the local password file.  In
> login.conf I have
>
> auth-defaults:auth=radius,passwd:radius-server=my.radius.server
>
> If the RADIUS server isn't there for whatever reason, the
> system doesn't
> fallback to password file authentication.  The same happens
> if I specify
> the methods the other way round: the RADIUS server is never
> tried even
> if the password-file-based login fails.
>
> I need to make sure that I can always log in even if the
> RADIUS server
> has gone away.  Is it possible to configure the system in this way?
>
> Thanks
> - Ian

Why not make a new login class for radius users and make yourself
"backup" users in default class? Normally you'd login with users from
the radius class and if that fails you'd use a user form the default class.
Of course, that way you'd have to use different login names for the
two classes.

Regards, Daniel.