On 9/09/2009, at 9:14 PM, Johan M:son Lindman wrote:

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 08:45:41 you wrote:

I have a few questions about the stores in Australia (since we're on the topic here). (http://www.openbsd.org/orders.html#au/lsl) LSL doesn't seem
to be doing pre-orders (see
http://www.lsl.com.au/advanced_search_result.php? keywords=openbsd&x=0&y=0); does anybody know about the status of ESI? I cannot find any mention of OpenBSD, let alone any pre-orders on their site (http:// www.esi.com.au/).

If anybody living in Australia could help out to call the store/s (I dont live there - it's just that this is the nearest store to me) and enquire,
that would be great.

thanks,
-jf

Having spoken to some OpenBSD users in Australia it appears as if your best
bet is to order directly from https://https.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/order

That way you can make a per-order as well.

Regards
Johan M:son

Not quite Australia but I've ordered 3.5 onwards from the Computer Shop of Calgary and my orders have always arrived in New Zealand in good time (and well before release
if I get my order in on time - pre-ordering is definitely worth it.)

The CD jewel cases used to be - without fail - broken, but NO issues since 4.0 and the DVD cases.

And back to Nick's original email, I'll badger a few people ...

HTH.