Hi All,

After years of using OpenBSD on servers, I want to take the plunge and
setup an OpenBSD-based laptop. From what I gather on this list, it
looks like ThinkPads are better supported than most. I've been looking
at two models - the ThinkPad T400 and T400s. I've tried to determine
if all the components are supported, but I'm not sure about some
things. If anyone has direct experience with these models (they've
been out for a year or so, I think), I'd appreciate any feedback.

Here's what I've determined about support:

CPU:  Intel Core2 Duo (SP9600 or T9600)  - yes; use AMD64 arch?
ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 - yes
  - or -
Intel GMA 4500MHD - ?
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) - probably
DisplayPort video port for external monitor - ?
    (I'd like to be able to have two separate screens configured,
     though video mirroring would be OK)
Intel WiFi Link 5300 - yes
Sound card (no specs available) - ?
Bluetooth - yes through ports
5 in 1 or 7 in 1 Media Card Reader - standard USB storage device?
Integrated camera - no
Fingerprint reader - no

One serious drawback is that I can't find a place locally that sells
them, so I can't find out how they feel, sound, or how good the screen
looks. I'd appreciate any comments about these aspects also.

Thanks,
Michael