On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM, armpit <mailto...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> OpenBSD is created by the developers for the developers and any use that
> the rest of us get from the OS is a nice side effect of their generosity...

That's nonsense. You can't beg for donations and CD sales, time and time
again, and then turn around and tell the same people, that you're begging to
give more, that what they want does not matter. "Your contributions are
pathetic." I think something like that was recently posted to misc. Well, if
what end-users want matters not to OpenBSD developers and what end-users
give is "pathetic", then OpenBSD developers should not complain when
end-users don't buy more CDs or donate more money. Can't have it both ways.
I use and like OpenBSD, but nonsensical statements such as this need to
stop, this is silly and it benefits no one.