Marco Peereboom wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 05:47:08PM +0100, - Tethys wrote:

>>> boo hoo. run one machine somewhere and make release. done.
>> And that attitude is why OpenBSD will never be more than a hobby OS. Sigh.

OpenBSD is built by the developers for the developers. The fact that you
and I get to use it is a nice side effect of the developers releasing
the OS as free software. Instead of whining, you should be greatfull.

> Correction, a professional OS that requires its users to be
> professionals.  Not a bunch of whining windows update people that have
> to call "IT" to launch excel.  In case you hadn't noticed we are old
> school UNIX users that don't mind fixing whatever problem is at hand.
> Including writing code or fixing a bug.  This is why in the olden days
> your IT department was worth something and wasn't a bunch of monkeys
> reading a script.
>
> It is exactly your attitude that has ruined the computer industry.

Well said.

I enjoy the fact that I can install an OpenBSD machine, setup the
relevant services for that machines purpose and not have to sit and push
buttons and turn knobs all day. The machine does its job without the
need for me to hold its hand.