>Matthew Weigel
>
> I don't, I'm afraid, and a quick Google (which could have
> answered some
> of your other questions) suggests that it's come up before
> both on misc@
> and elsewhere.  I know you don't want to hear about how the
> PCI DSS is
> wrong, but in this case their wrongness is, I think, the
> reason it's not
> an available option.
>
> You could likely implement this yourself with a custom login
> style, though.

Thank you all for the help.

Yes, more than a few people have pointed out how poorly
I did at Goggling this.  I really have no excuses for that.
I was searching from the wrong direction I guess.

On the bright side, because this list houses some of the best
brainpower anywhere I have all but two of the requirements
finished (yes, the easy ones) and one of the two left I'm sure
I can handle on my own.  That being 8.5.12 which forces users
not to reuse passwords.  I'm pretty sure a passwordcheck in
login.conf will do that once I code the program to track them.

The last is 8.5.13 locking users out after 6 failed login
attempts.  Quite frankly I find this to be a pretty stupid
requirement as it causes a built in denial of service. I see
how creating a custom Authentication style would allow me to
do this (in spite of my reservations), but I don't really do
much in the way of c coding these days.  I have been looking
at the code in login.c and login_passwd.c and I understand
about half of it (I think).  If anyone could give me a shove
in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it.