Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
Hi all,

The subject is auto-descriptive ;)
After reading a while about wiping [1] I think there's not a unique way to do it. Finally I've chosen a simple double-step method:

First,

$ dd if=/dev/urandom of=<disk_to_delete>

and next

$ dd if=/deb/zero of=<disk_to_delete>

?Do you think is it safe enough? I mean ?is it enough against the common recovery low-level data tools?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_erasure#Standards
Slightly tangential to your scripting but have you considered pre-made tools? Overkill perhaps, but in Linux world there is secure-delete. srm (the command) +options will provide 38 wipes with randomised numbers as well as recursivity and a number of even more detailed capabilities. I haven't checked, but perhaps this tool exists in OBSD world as well?