On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:52:20AM -0300, Gonzalo Lionel Rodriguez wrote:
> 2009/10/28 Jan Stary <h...@stare.cz>:
> > On Oct 27 16:12:54, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> > Could we please stop this thread now and never bring it back?  Thank you.
> >
> > (1) Your data is not that interesteing to anyone. (...)
> > (2) If you think you work with data that is so sensitive (which it isn't),
> >    then you surely have the money needed to buy a new disk. (...)
> > (3) [Otherwise,] just dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd0c (...)
> > (4) [Ignore Slashdot articles on this subject]
>
> Put the sensitive files in a pseudo-device vnd and then delete it.

I think you mean "put the sensitive files in a pseudo-device vnd[1] and
then delete _the key_".

This, in fact, is the proper way to secure data. If your data is
important enough that it needs to be deleted this thoroughly, you can't
risk someone jacking your laptop/a disk out of your computer, either.

                Joachim

[1] Or softraid crypto partition.