If you have enough memory you can avoid the /tmp problem by moving it into RAM:

fstab:
swap /tmp mfs rw,async,nodev,nosuid,-s=2000000 0 0

This will also speed up some things that write to /tmp.

But keep in mind that in case of a crash the content is lost (if this is relevant for you).

regards,
Robert