I think you mean assemble instead of build.  If I follow your meager
description of the issue correctly this should work.  You can move a
softraid volume to another machine and it should auto assemble.  The
trick is to have all pieces in good shape.  A dmesg might help because a
disk that wasn't auto assembled will complain (unless it was deleted).