On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:

> I think you mean assemble instead of build.  If I follow your meager
> description of the issue correctly this should work.  You can move a
> softraid volume to another machine and it should auto assemble.  The
> trick is to have all pieces in good shape.  A dmesg might help because a
> disk that wasn't auto assembled will complain (unless it was deleted).
>
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 01:14:53AM -0800, nixlists nixlists wrote:
> > Hi. My 'softraid' mirror is not being detected and assembled at the
> > boot time. I must run 'bioctl' to assemble it after a reboot. This
> > started happening after I removed another softraid mirror from the box
> > (physically - the card and the drives). Do I have to rebuild from
> > scratch to make it detect automatically, or I can just run bioctl on
> > every boot?
> >
> > Thanks.

'softraid0 at root'

dmesg shows that softraid is not complaining at all, just the standard
'softraid0 at root'. I may have ran 'bioctl -d' on the mirror, but I
don't remember. There's no way to enable auto assembly after that, or
can metadata be changed again so it gets auto assembled on boot? IIRC
I didn't see anything in the docs.

Thanks.