On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Lars Nooden <lars.cura...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ted Unangst wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you're after, but two conceivable starting points
>> would be the man pages for xauth and XSelectInput.
>
> Those help.  I'm trying to get an idea, even an abstract one, of how
> individual windows could be kept from poaching i/o from each other.

XGrabKeyboard.  There's also a whole section on security in man xterm,
sorry, forgot about it before.

But it's no magic bullet.  Suddenly, your window manager hotkeys stop
working, so you can't really have a default current window grabs
keyboard policy.  Your screensaver also needs to grab the keyboard.
So if your browser only grabs the keyboard while entering a password
field, that essentially means the screen locker will never activate in
that state.  Rare, but totally confusing to users.