On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM, nixlists <nixmli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:
>> firefox + adsuck
>
> What is your opnion on Chrome, OpenBSD gurus? Okay we all know about
> it's privacy and identity leakage concerns. It's designed by Google
> with this built-in - they want to know everything about you and don't
> care about your privacy, yada yada. But what about its supposedly more

You know, it's really trivial to run chrome and watch the network and
see just what terrible secrets it's transmitting back to the mother
ship.  But be aware that if you do that, you may find you no longer
have any conspiracies to complain about.

> secure multi-process design. Is it really better than Firefox and
> others in this regard?

Compared to every version of firefox I've ever used, chrome is crazy
fast.  Also, it can render pages with a lot of html instead of pooping
itself.  As for security, I guess it's better.  Certainly, it's nicer
to have one tab crash and not bring down the whole browser.