On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:
What is your opnion on Chrome, OpenBSD gurus? Okay we all know about
it's privacy and identity leakage concerns.

Privacy and Google are interesting.

Obviously it makes sense for Google to collect as much data on you as possible (tin foil hat removed), as a marketing company its their job to do so. However Google have always stated Chrome is an attempt to get people using more javascript to create larger javascript based applications (similar to Wave). This clearly increases their market for ad. revinue etc.

Google are clearly clever enough to know that upsetting the 'tin-foiled' geeks, by 'spying' on them would be enough to disrupt its browser. Especially given its lowly market share, just a little bad press would stop this thing ever taking off.

As has been said though, look at your own traffic yourself, does it contain anything it shouldn't? If not then its not a problem. If it does, then I'm sure many would like to know about it.

secure multi-process design. Is it really better than Firefox and
others in this regard?

I don't think many people could put it better than Bob already has.

--
Using Opera M2: http://www.opera.com/mail/