So... back in the 3.6ish days, I had a Prism-based 802.11b card that I
used in my OpenBSD FW for a wireless access point. Worked like a charm
until I relocated my FW, and could no longer get good RF coverage. Went
with a consumer-based 802.11g AP configured as a bridge.

That unit just died.

I've found some cable/antenna assemblies that might allow me to remote
an antenna to a good spot in the house for coverage, and I'm thus
re-considering going with a FW based AP setup once again.

According to the OpenBSD site, the following 802.11n devices are
supported:

athn

iwn

ral

run

However, it doesn't appear that they all support HostAP mode...

Are there any favorites among the group for doing this? Better yet, any
models of card known to use a particular chipset that will do HostAP?

Thanks.

-sc