Hi.

I think I mentioned that I upgraded one of the machines running pf
from 4.6 to -current.

Noticed that pf rule order behavior has changed, so I had to move
rules around and I of course had to change nat and rdr rules since the
syntax is new.
I've read the man page, but not clear on understanding the difference
between 'match' and 'pass'. What's preferable for nat and rdrs - match
or pass?

What about regular rules? In what sort of situations should I use
match rather than pass, vice/versa?

An issue today was the box totally froze after I removed one of the
redundant rules, did 'pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf', and ran 'systat queues'.
As soon as I ran systat it froze dead. Not even a panic.

Also there's a problem with
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/queueing.html , first example - unless I
am confused it limits internal interface's bandwidth to that of
external. Why would I want to slow down my inside connection to the
local network?

Thanks.