On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Robert <rob...@openbsd.pap.st> wrote:

> nat and rdr are now declared with match rules.

But  'pass' still works:

pass out on em0 inet from 192.168.1.0/24 to any flags S/SA keep state
nat-to (em0) round-robin

>> An issue today was the box totally froze after I removed one of the
>> redundant rules, did 'pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf', and ran 'systat queues'.
>> As soon as I ran systat it froze dead. Not even a panic.
>
> You say you killed a box by trying to load a ruleset?
> Checked the config with -n before loading?

No, I am saying I killed the box by removing a single existing rule
from the ruleset and running systat.  it froze as soon as I ran
'systat queues' . After a reboot the box has no trouble running the
ruleset.

> The queues on the internal interface in that example are used to limit
> download speeds from the "internet". Can't do that on the external
> interface. And yes, if not done right those rules would mess with
> traffic that is internal and should not have hit those queues in the
> first place.

Hmm... I simply copied the example, and my internal interface became
bandwidth-limited as in the example.

Thanks.