On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:15:44 +0800, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 11:57:58PM +0800, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
>>> >

>>> just wondering - the url http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html is
>>> pointed out a few times. What happened to it? I located a mirror (how
>>> up-to-date i have no idea), btw at
>>> http://mirror.hosting-concepts.com/pub/OpenBSD/i386-laptop.html
>>>
>> It was removed because it was out of date and didn't contain anything
>> really useful.  Laptops basically work just fine with OpenBSD minus some
>> moody ones.
>>

>thanks. I understand the problem with maintaining a list like that,
>but personally, i prefer a list with a note explaining the situation,
>than no list at all. Some stuff would be laptop-specific as well (as
>opposed to "i386-general"). Like how the new fingerprint readers on
>thinkpads dont work. That would be good information to put up. People
>also care about other things like fan speed control (are the fans
>always on high?), and suspend and hibernate. That's my opinion.

You could set up a wiki. Then it would be as up to date as the
volunteer contributors and no load on the devs who don't want/need/care
about it.

See how popular it is. It may just help a dev sometime to see that a
problem exists that he is interested in.

Good luck!

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.