On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM, James Hozier <guitars...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Either way, I'd either have to spend money on a replacement mini-PCI card or
> a USB wireless card. I'd rather just buy a new laptop; I don't like the
> hardware scheme anyway (with the EFI partition and all that instead of a
> BIOS).

If I'd want to buy a laptop, I'd want nothing else than the recent
MacBook or MacBook Pro, provided it runs everything I'd want it to
run... How much is the replacement wireless? Around $30?

The power adapter connector on the MacBook alone makes it better than
anything out there, not to mention all the other innovation and
design. Do you have people and/or animals running around, stumbling on
the power cord? This might seem like the most irrelevant thing to
worry about in a laptop, but to me it's quite important. Yes, I do
know that Steve Jobs has a tyrannical streak - I am sure there are
proprietary hardware issues - nVidia, etc.