On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 07:51:53PM -0700, Jeff Ross wrote:
> With the most recent snapshot (#385, from Jan 11) I can boot just
> fine so long as the disks I have attached to ahcd (in an external
> enclosure) are not powered on.

Many things were fixed at the just concluded Melbourne hackathon, so
we really, really, really need to know if a kernel compilied from
-current of Jan 16 or later exhibits the same problem.

As a general note, the source tree is going to be locked in the
near future for 4.7. There has been a major re-write of the SCSI
layer internals, and many device drivers were touched. TEST NOW!

Test anything that produces sd, cd, st, etc. devices. All hardware
and all weird-ass i/o situations. TEST NOW!

Snapshots of appropriate vintage may appear soon. Until then you
must use the source. TEST NOW!

Problems reports of anything related to SCSI between the 10th and
16th will be a waste of time as too many things were in flux.

.... Ken