On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM, J.C. Roberts <list-...@designtools.org> wrote:
> My anonymous friend, you need to accept *PEOPLE* write software. Those
> little things like experience, skills, and even personality are present
> in the output of programmers.

Of course, but this was about his software, not him, and let's keep it this way.
Label me heartless, but in the software world, and the arts BTW, often
when a significant work or a body of work is widely used/known the
author is not that important in discussions about the work.

> Ben Calvert stated "infallibility," so I should have put it in quotes,
> or you should read more carefully. I refuted Ben's statement, since as
> far as I know, Dan has never claimed infallibility. Unfortunately, by
> using "crash-proof" as your description, you are in essence stating
> infallibility once again (sigh)... *THAT* is the trouble with Dan's
> writing; he expects you to understand that his code should be correct
> (and efficient) *WITHIN* certain bounds/limitations, albeit without
> stating the limitations.

No, not my description. Right from his page:

http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/reliability.html#filesystems
  "Answer: qmail's queue, except for bounce message contents, is
crashproof on the BSD FFS and most of its variants."