On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:59:59AM -0500, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
| Dear All,
|
| I was wondering if anybody tried to install OpenBSD on Wyle C90LE.
|
| http://www.wyse.com/products/hardware/thinclients/C90LE/index.asp
|
| We are planning to equip 120 thin clients computer lab with those. I got
| today one for my office for evaluation purposes and I really liked the
| toy. It comes with Windows XPe but I almost can feel that it is crying
| to be reinstalled with OpenBSD. I looked and it does support PXE boot.
| I have not checked yet if it can boot via USB. Specifications can be
| found at
|
| http://www.wyse.com/products/hardware/thinclients/C90LE/index.asp

I've evaluated another model (R50L) at my place of work somewhere last
year. As our main question was 'can it drive 2x 30" monitors' and the
default Linux install was both a pain to use and configure and didn't
properly support 2x 30", I quickly installed OpenBSD (yes, from USB,
worked flawlessly), fired up X with the two monitors attached, and it
came up in all its 5120x1600 glory (this model had ATI graphics so was
no problem to get running).

So, I'm not sure if the C90LE will work for you, the moral of the
story is to just give it a shot. And if it doesn't, and this is
important to you, at least the R50L works great so you could consider
switching to that model.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/