On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 01:06:15PM -0500, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> This is the brief preliminary report on Wyse C90LE. I downloaded
> yesterday the latest snapshot of OpenBSD 4.7 beta for i386.
>
> I installed on 2.0 USB of 2GB.
>
> I tested the live USB by booting DeLL optiplex 960 (Intel 2 core).
> Everything works perfect including X server.
>
> Conclusion is that USB media is OK.

are you sure it really booted off the USB?

> I broke into the BIOS of Wyse C90LE by holding DEL key. BIOS requires
> password. The default password is Fireport (found on the web-site of
> manufacturer). I changed the boot order so that PXE boot is the first
> and USB 2.0 is the second. I didn't see any other options I could play
> with in BIOS (like legacy USB or similar).
>
> Boot process goes fine and then stops. It is looking for the root device
> I manually typed wd0a and wd0b for swap  (original partition was done
> by accepting defaults from the installer just for test).
> The boot process is aborted.
>
> ddb{0}>trace
> Debugger(50,d08cf780,d0a32f48,0,0) at Debugger +0x4
> panic(d07543e8,1,ffffffff,0,d0863178) at panic +0x55
> dk_mountroot(2,2,2fecc,d0a32f9c,d04ca223) at dk_mountroot +0x1a7
> main(0,0,0,0,0) at main +0x4eb

I've never seen a USB disk come up as wd*, always sd*.

so your crash makes sense, since you told it to boot off something that
doesn't yet exist.

sounds like your USB image is not right.  it should be booting off
sd0.  when the kernel boots, do you see sd0 in the dmesg?

you got trace output, so where's the dmesg?

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org