On 2010-02-03, Giridhari <giridh...@live.com.au> wrote:
> I was very comfortable with pico, and nano. I am running a new system with
> multiprocessor kernel, and currently have no support for the ZTE MF626 modem I
> connect via cellular network with.

search the list archives for suggestions about the MF626.
the diff for sys/dev/usb is probably ok, the problem the person
trying it had was most likely to do with ppp configuration.

> I have tried installing the package of pico
> but it failed, so I installed it's dependencies, but pico still would not
> install because it had partially installed, would not pkg_delete (not even
> when forced), and I could not find a way to clean this up.

failed? how? this is a really poor quality bug report.
if you spent the time to write a good bug report instead of
ranting, you would have it running by now.
packages work pretty well for a lot of people.

> I fly with those. PLEASE
> INCLUDE PICO OR NANO OR BOTH IN A NEW SNAPSHOT

pico is part of pine/alpine, Apache 2 licensed, not suitable for
adding to base. nano is GPLv3 licensed, again not suitable for
adding to base.