I have been installing OpenBSD 4.6 inside a VMWare ESXi 4.0 virtual machine
and ran into a strange behavior I can't explain... it seems to cache my
installation options between totally unrelated virtual machines.  The
process goes like this:

I create a new 'Typical' virtual machine, select 'Other' as the guest OS and
choose 'Other (32-bit)' in the Version pulldown menu.  I accept all default
settings (256MB ram, 1 vCPU, 8GB disk, etc) and check the Thin Provisioning
disk allocation checkbox.  I then associate the cd46.iso file (stored on a
datastore) with the virtual cdrom drive and boot off of it to begin the
installation process, where I specify a local LAN ftp server to fetch the
install media from.

The install process goes as expected and the virtual machine is running
happily along...  The thing is, when I create a second brand new virtual
machine using the process described above and get to the 'select install
media' step, it already has my local ftp server's name populated!  As far as
I can tell, the only thing in common between the two installation processes
is the cd46.iso file.

This isn't necessarily bad, I just can't explain why its happening.  Two
questions:

1) Is anyone else observing this behavior?
2) Can anyone explain why it is occurring?