On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
Retry with boot -k tftp://..., as suggested by the error message.
Also PMON sometimes gets confused, and a power cycle is needed (using the
reset button is not enough in all cases).

Thanks. I had misinterpreted the message and put the -k as an argument for bsd.rd

Boots bsd.rd fine now. There are a great many 'spurious interrupt 4' messages during the installation process. The ext2 boot partition seems to still needed for booting. I tried to dig out some linux netboot for that but couldn't find anything that supports fuloong yet. Ended up using dd to make the ext2 partition.

It boots bsd current just fine now via the ext2 partition.

/Lars