Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de> writes:

> except that the openbsd cd layout is not BSD licensed. you are not
> allowed to burn the iso and sell that.

It's the layout of the official CD sets that's explicitly not BSD
licensed, isn't it?

The official CD sets contain a collection of packages plus matching
archives of complete ports and source trees as well as the files
needed for a basic install, while the installNN.iso you can download
from the mirrors is just the install files for that platform.

If I understand this correctly the OP could conceivably download
installNN.iso for the various archs and burn to CD to sell, but I
don't see them getting too many takers unless they put in some effort
to make their offering a bit more attractive.

There are several ways to put together an attractive OpenBSD-based
offering, including quite a number that would not be seen as eating
into the project's main source of income.

- Peter
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/