Hello,

Iam confused on the different result I get when I compile userland on
any machine better then a Dual Core 2.5Ghz 2GB RAM 160GB 7200 SATA /
SATA ii

On some machines I get a compile time of 45min, other machines 30min..
and the best of the case I get 30min.   Sometimes that machine that
takes 45min is far better hardware then a DualCore, in this case a
QuadCore with SATA II/sata...

Iam going to use these machines for database and Iam very concerned
about these results

Based on that I have this question:

Is it normal that this varies so much? (Afterall a variation from
35min to 45min represents an increase of about %25 less efficiency!!)

Is there a better way to benchmark the IO of a Hard Disk on OpenBSD ,
what should be the normal of a hard disk scanned as sd SATA/ SATA II
with similar CPU/RAM as mentioned?

Andres