Why don't you try it by yourself what's appropriate for you? I started
with stable because I was scared from other systems that current is
something worse and less stable then stable version (even stable
version of those systems is something to be scared about). Now I'm
using for about two years or more just current because I discovered
that developers of OpenBSD really know what they are doing and they
are doing it unbelievable perfect. Which is very different when
comparing with other systems. No panics during this time, lose of data
or similar problems. Just two times during this period I wasn't able
to install some package because it needed newer snapshots. So binary
upgrade and then voila package installed (this problem which you can
have sometimes is described in FAQ). All others weren't problem of
OpenBSD, but problem between keyboard and chair.

Theo and others aren't idiots. They know what to do and how to do
that. And because they don't care so much about number of users they
can focus on quality instead of whining people. Other projects try to
find as much users as possible or do ugly hacks or try to be nice on
users, but trust me or not it just lead to crap. Yes, Theo can say to
you that you rape children or something similar if you say something
really stupid (:-D), but anyone can do mistake. The difference is if
you can learn from it or not. If not then you will have problems all
the time. What's worst for me? That I can't find similar OS project
which focuses on quality. Looks like most of the people is content
with crap. And not only in IT area. This is a real problem. Not stable
and/or current decision.

--
http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html