On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Ilya Ilembitov <ilembi...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> I have just installed OpenBSD 4.6 on a Thinkpad X200s. However, Intel WiFi
Link 5150 doesn't seem to work. It is supposed to work through iwn(4) driver.
I followed the man page and I have installed the firmware package. I tried
both 5.1 (which is mentioned in the manual) and 5.3 (which is the most recent)
with no luck. I mean, I try ifconfig iwn0 up, but the output is full of
firmware errors. So I guess I am probably missing something and I didn't do
something before initializing the card.

You need the driver and firmware to be matched.  If you install the
latest firmware pkg, you need to be running a snapshot.  The card
works fine, with some quirks depending on access point.

If you get firmware errors just running ifconfig up and dhclient, that
is a definite sign you need a new driver or firmware.

If it works for a while, then stops, that's a different issue.  I
found you can work around it by running ping in the background, or by
switching access points.