On 9 Mar 2010, at 17:42, Ozgur Kazancci wrote:

> Apache doesn't come with such a feature. I tried mod_cband. It was quite
> unstable, has too many bugs, issues. (Dozens of unfixed security issues,
bugs
> since few years:
> ), there is no more development for that module and it is abandoned by its
> developer. I tried some other modules such as mod_bandwidth, mod_curb,
mod_bw,
> but no luck. Pretty old and 'expired' modules.

Thinking about this a little more, you could perhaps create a LogFormat string
that dumped the hostname, bytes in and out to a logfile somewhere.  This could
then be parsed every 5 minutes or so by a cron job, stats tabulated and Apache
configs adjusted accordingly.

You could then perhaps have a RewriteRule and use a RewriteMap to match
specific hostnames that need redirecting to the "bandwidth reached" page.
When a host hits it's bandwidth limit then an entry is created in the map and
that site gets redirected to the holding page.

Just a vague idea, probably full of holes but it could be a step in the right
direction.

G.

--
Being drunk is feeling sophisticated without being able to say it.
http://www.playr.co.uk/