On 3/14/2010 2:53 PM, Jeff Ross wrote:
I think I'll pass on this one. If the motherboard sensors are that far
off I don't want the server online anyway.

Agreed, but I think the sensors are in the CPU.

If you happen to have a meter and thermocouple laying around, or one of those IR thermometers with the laser (useful for measuring the cat's temperature) it might be nice to know if the CPUs are actually heating up that much, or if it's a hardware or software problem.

It also might be interesting to see if the heat sinks are heating up. If they're not, but the CPUs are, then you're not transferring the heat away from the CPU for some reason. You can probably test this yourself if your thumb is properly calibrated.