On 2010-03-30, Duncan Patton a Campbell <campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
> I've got a cf card running as a secondary drive on a Sparc Ultra 5 (Sparc64),
> but have not been able to get it to boot.  The cf/ide plug I am using has no
> master/slave/cs sets and a microprocessor on it as well, which leaves me
> suspicious

Microprocessor seems rather unlikely, I have at least 4 types
of CF/IDE converter and never seen this..I do have one with
a voltage regulator (a small IC), maybe this is what you're
thinking of as a microprocessor?

You're unlucky to have one without a header to select Master/Slave
- this is just a 2-pin header, one connected to pin 39 on the CF,
the other to ground; short the two together (e.g. with a jumper)
to set Master; leave them unconnected to set "whatever the cable
is set as" (these are usually marked 'slave' on the adapter but
this isn't quite correct...)

But maybe it's just connected straight through to the cable,
in which case, assuming a CS-capable IDE cable, maybe all you
need to do is use the other connector...