On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:27:04 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2010-03-30, Duncan Patton a Campbell <campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
> > I've got a cf card running as a secondary drive on a Sparc Ultra 5
> > (Sparc64),
> > but have not been able to get it to boot.  The cf/ide plug I am using has no
> > master/slave/cs sets and a microprocessor on it as well, which leaves me
> > suspicious

This thing sposedly does several kinds of memory cards:CF, MMC, MS, SD.
That should have been my first clue, as she used to say.

> Microprocessor seems rather unlikely, I have at least 4 types
> of CF/IDE converter and never seen this..I do have one with
> a voltage regulator (a small IC), maybe this is what you're
> thinking of as a microprocessor?

No, there's two ICs and no external regulator (probly part of the scc)

KTC-FC1306T Single Chip Controller && Winbond w39f010p-70B 128K Flash

And yes, there's no @$!# m/s jumper.  I'm into return mode now.

Just for the record this thing is a

Syba SY-IDE2MC-4A IDE to Memory Card Adapter for CF/MMC/MS/SD Cards

and while I'd hesitate to call it junk I do now note the weasel words
that it  "Support standard true IDE mode Host Interface".  Just WTF
a standard true IDE is as apposed to your regular, everyday IDE
I don't know.  But whatever it is Sun and Syba don't agree on it.

Dhu