In keeping with your 'lets get something up on there to point the whiners at',
how about adding this:

* Add support for RFC5837 to OpenBSD's IP stack.

This could be suitable task since it presumably has 'cool factor' & is an
easily definable task, and is not trivial to write.

/Pete

On 22. apr. 2010, at 01.51, Daniel Ouellet wrote:

>> I simply requested the account on that persons system because I offered to
>> help maintain the task list.  I've not been contacted so I assume they're
>> not interested.
>
> You are not the only one with limited time. Sorry for the late reply, but
also I wanted to provide details as to why.

> Your text was:
>
> "If you provide me an account and if everyone is OK sending me minimally
> formatted TODO lists I will gladly be the point of contact and maintain
that
> list.
>
> What qualifies as minimally formatted?
>
> 1) Each item on a separate line prepended with a *.
> 2) (OPTIONAL) If you want, order them by importance.
>
> I will attempt to clean-up grammar and spelling.
> "
>
> The short of it is that in it if you look at it. It add more work to the
developers by asking them to send in stuff. They already have it done for
some. So, why duplicate the list. It will just get out of sync and obsolete
very soon. Plus they have a list, so I think the most logical and efficient
way to do it would be just like this:

> 1. Name
>
> 2. Very short blurb for area the todo cover
>
> 3. URL to the developers list.
>
> And that's it.
>
> Nothing more is needed. Frankly if a developer spend time making a todo list
and publish it, then it must be some what maintain when ever they have time.
Asking to add more management to track it and maintain yet an additional list
is wrong in my book. Plus I am still not convince it's helpful, but never the
less I would sure be welcome to be proven wrong.

> The only think that this gives me as an idea that may have some merit is
that a list of user group might be good to have and I can add that to the
site. But again, that should be as minimal as possible.

> City, state or province, country, language and URL to the site for the
group. If no URL, then some details could be added and that may actually get
some usage may be.

> But keeping the time needed to maintain anything like this is a plus and not
required any more from the developers have to be the goal. But again, I am not
sure it's even good, but like I said, I am not oppose to. Like everyone else I
have very little time and I didn't reply before, nor this morning to your
email at 5:32AM when I saw it at 7:30 AM EST as I just finish an other project
and I do need to get some sleep sometime as little as it might be and I have
some kind of a life too and kids to take care of as well.

> So, sorry for the delay.
>
> Like I said, I am not doing a perfect job and I will admit that, but I try.
Better then most anyway that asked and do nothing.

to m...@. Just didn't have time to post it yet, but it will.