Michael W. Lucas:
Sendbug doesn't seem to have a "ports" option, and my bug report
doesn't have a single recommend solution in any case, so I'm asking
here.

The flow-log2rrd, flow-rpt2rrd, and flow-rptfmt programs in flow-tools
each start with the line:

#!/bin/env python

This won't work on OpenBSD.  OpenBSD's env is in /usr/bin, and python
is installed (at least on my system) as /usr/local/bin/python2.5.
There is no generic "python" command.  These programs will run under
any of the 3 python ports.

The python packages tell you to make symbolic links when you install them. Not sure about ports though.

I could argue that these should start with any of the following:

#!/usr/bin/env python2.5
#!/usr/local/bin/python2.5
(repeat for python 2.4 and 2.6)

So, what is the OpenBSD-style resolution for this sort of thing?

I don't care what the solution is, I just want flow-tools to work out
of the box.

Out of curiosity, is there any interest in a port of the new
flow-tools fork?  It fixes many corruption bugs on 64-bit systems.

                                        Stas