Hi, I got another question regarding this matter.
How is the openfile count accounted for? Is it per process, per user, per shell? How does this work?

I recently had problems when running rtorrent, which used about 100 file descriptors (sockets). Pjsua then failed with "Too many open files" (sockets, too), although it should not use more then three sockets.

I also once increased openfile-cur to 1024 for one shell, started an appilcation using many sockets (>200) and then applications on other shells with openfile-cur=128 would fail.

Christopher